Abbott to invest RM192mil in cataract lens plant in Kulim
KULIM: Abbott, one of the world’s leading healthcare companies, is investing US$60mil (RM192mil) to build a facility at the Kulim Hi-Tech Park (KHTP) to manufacture intraocular lens (IOLs) used to treat cataracts.
Diane Beno, Abbot Medical Optics divisional vice president of global operations, said the facility marked the first manufacturing investment in Malaysia to broaden the group’s presence globally.
She said the plant was expected to begin operations next year, with the first products available in the second half of 2016.
“The facility will supply the global IOLs market. An intraocular lens is implanted in the eye after the removal of natural lens that has become clouded by a cataract,” she told reporters after the ground-breaking ceremony for the facility in Kulim.
The event was officiated by Kedah Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mukhriz Tun Dr Mahathir.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree or Professional Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent.
- Preferably Junior Executives specializing in Purchasing/Inventory/Material & Warehouse Management or equivalent.
- Computer literacy, MS Office Suite and web based tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and oral) with a variety of internal customers and suppliers.
Student who are studied in the field of Engineering or Business/Administration are invite to do their internship program at our company
For a further info, click HERE for internship program
- Perform materials gap analysis for Clear To Built (CTB) against customer demand
- Coordinate and advise ECO / ECN cut in, submit E&O analysis and perform liability claim
- Expedite component shortages based on the material shortages report
- Execute MRP output (push out, pull in & cancellation) in accordance to latest built plan
- Ensure MRB & RTV are disposition in a timely manner
- Ability to track and monitor scorecard to rate the supplier performance
- To prepare budget and rolling planning.
- To generate sales order and invoice into SAP system.
- To control and manage sales order.
- To manage stock inventory and customer consumption.
- To follow up and issue invoice to customer.
- To monitor and collect payment from customer.
Click HERE for a further info about the job vacancies